So….. This is pretty much the start of my indie game development career, huh? Well, I suppose that I should get to work….
Title: Small Gods
Intended systems: PC (Oculus Rift, and HTC Vive), and PS4 (via PS VR)
Target age range: 16-30
Intended ESRB rating: Teen
In Small Gods players take on the role of god charged with growing the inhabitants of a village into a world-spanning civilization. Place buildings, raise mountains, carve rivers, and cast powerful spells using VR controllers to combat deadly threats from the environment and rival gods.
Modes of gameplay:
A sandbox world map set on isolated islands/archipelagos. Players must tell their worshippers to construct buildings and harvest materials in order to grow their civilization from a small town to a sprawling metropolis. Players must also defend their worshippers from deadly mythical/fair-tale creatures, environmental hazards such as volcanos, tsunamis and floods, and from hostile gods and their worshippers.
Unique Selling points:
- Built entirely for VR.
- Allows players to lean in and watch their citizens go about their lives.
- Gives a truly ‘gods-eye view’ of the world.
- Players can manipulate the environment in an almost tactile way using Razer Hydra/HTC Vive/PS Move/Oculus Rift controllers.
- Players can smite or help NPCs with a flick of their wrists.
- Sky World
- Black and White (one and two)
- From Dust
Kinds of play (ranked)